How To Speed Through U.S. Customs
Have you heard of Mobile Passport? Mobile Passport is a FREE app that’s been officially authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), which allows U.S citizens to submit their passport and customs declaration information via their mobile device instead of the traditional paper form when returning to the U.S. In as simple as five steps, you could be saving tons of time on your next international trip!
NOTE: Mobile Passport is live at select airports – see full list here.
5 Easy Steps (complete Steps 1 and 2 before you travel):
1. Download the Mobile Passport app.
2. Set up a profile for each family member of the same household traveling together.
3. Complete the New Trip section on the app – wait to click the Submit button until after you’ve landed.
4. AFTER YOU LAND at your port of entry to the U.S., connect to WiFi and submit your trip data. Within seconds you will receive a CBP receipt with an encrypted bar code that is valid for up to four hours.
5. Follow Mobile Passport Control signs and show your passport and CBP receipt to the CBP officer.
That’s it - experienced travelers have found that using the Mobile Passport can sometimes even be faster than Global Entry!!